Thursday 3 December 2015

The songs and verses from 'The Grasp of Nighttide' Which is your favourite?

It must've not gone unnoticed that there are quite a few of them in my book.

1.The first one appearing at the end of the prologue
It started out as a mystery killing 
After every day came the dark 
People in isolation walked the deserted streets 
Then the demon left its mark. 
No one knew which night it would come 
Neither did they know how it did what was done, 
All they knew was to be aware 
That a new era of darkness had begun


2.Then the next, part of the song Alice recalls which is completed towards the end of the book. From the start of chapter 1
You were, you are, you shall always be 
My love, for eternity 
Moments with you I cherish the most…… 
I can’t imagine myself without you 
On my own, I can’t possibly do 

We’ll stay together like the sea and coast…


3.Stephanie's cute poem for her little cousin sisters
My good little angels, my two shiny eyes, my dear sisters, smart and wise... Keep out of trouble, please be nice, come and give me a hug, I can’t say good-byes.


4.The song Alice sings in Chapter 7
Wind take my words along 
Deliver to him in a song 
To my love... One and only love… 

You know my love is true 
I know you love me too 
Wherever you are, wherever you are 
Do take me away with you. 


Under the sea 
On the land 
Over the hills 
In the sand 
I want to stay wherever there is you, wherever
Do take me away with you. 

A quake to come 
A flood is near 
When I hold your hand 
I have no fear 
My love is so deep, you have no clue 
Do take me away with you. 

To a cave, a beach 
Fun or no fun 
The clouds, the moon 
Or the sun 
Won’t protest to what you do, whatever you do 
Just don’t keep me away from you 
Please take me away with you. 


5.Derek's rap following Alice's song
Don’t worry dear if that’s the case 
 I’m coming to you in a dead quick pace 
Loneliness you need no longer trace 
Sorry for hurting you all these days 
I too miss my sun’s rays 
Soon all the distance will erase 
But just make me one promise, Alice, 
Don’t let that smile off your face.



6. I'd almost forgot Carl's bday rap for Derek from chapter 4
Birthday wishes to my dearest brother, whose happiness now is like none other. If you need something, just gimme a call. Go and enjoy man, that’s all.


7. The instant rap from Derek to Alice/Rave
You make each moment everyday
To me you are a lot more than life
Let heaven record my words as I ask
Rave, will you be my wife?

8. Looking for the eighth? I stopped myself from including more of them in this book. I even had a song written down for the 'Sangeet' ceremony which was supposed to be from Derek. I wanted to end the last chapter with few verses too. But with great difficulty- convincing myself that I was overloading the book with the verses- I stopped.

My favourite among them? I seriously can't pick, but I'd like to hear from you :)

1 comment:

  1. We would like to offer our 27 years of book marketing experience to you in
    order to generate more sales for your book.

    For only $85 we will e-mail a press release regarding your book to our proprietary
    database of reviewers and media contacts.

    Please refer to our website for specifics: www.bostickcommunications.com

    Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can be of service to you.

    Best Regards,
    Ken Eason
    VP -Marketing
     
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Bostick Communications
    7516 Cordoba Circle
    Naples, FL  34109
     
    ph: 239-598-0895
    fx: 239-598-0896
     
    e: ken@bostickcommunications.com
    web: www.bostickcommunications.com
     
    ---------------------------------------------------

    ReplyDelete